Searching for Answers

Searching for Answers

Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Old

Sometimes I wish my interests would never change. I wish I was still into cartoons, graphic t-shirts with my favorite wrestlers on them, velcro shoes, shopping with my mom, and many other things. As we grow up and find new interests, we lose the ones that have given us the best memories. I can only speak for myself, but damn I miss the old times. The times that staying in on a Friday or Saturday night was the plan. The times when alarm clocks were your favorite cartoon shows in the morning. The times when bikes and your legs were the only source of transportation. The times when a 20 dollar bill made me feel rich and when money wasn't everything. I didn't even see my interests change in front of my eyes and now I miss them like crazy.

What happened to the old? It didn't seem like much back then, but now it means the world to me. Having fun used to be so effortless and easy. Now everyone needs a drink, a blunt or pills to have a good time. Not the old though, the old didn't need any of that. The old was innocent, pure, and obnoxious. But it's called "The Old" for a reason and all I can do is simply reminisce about it. So I raise my glass to The Old, and bid you a fine farewell. To the old moments and to the new old.


- Meng Yang

1 comment: