Searching for Answers

Searching for Answers

Friday, October 15, 2010

Join The Movement

If you haven't joined the movement, you better hop on. Far East Movement, the first Asian-American group to hit it big in America, has hit it real BIG. I am overjoyed with enthusiasm and excitement for these guys. I had a chance to meet them all about two years ago at the Hmong New Year when they came to Minnesota and performed. They were all super cool, down to Earth, and real. They joked, laughed, and interacted with all their fans. At the time I heard a few of their songs, mostly the ones with Jin but I would never imagine that they would be an overnight sensation.

Just like how America elected President Barack Obama, race was not an issue anymore. FM, an all Asian group has made it big in the music industry which is predominately Caucasian and Black. With their success flying sky high like a G6, they are the foundation for Asian-American artists. I knew FM would be successful, but I did not expect them to blow up so fast. With the likes of Jin failing to top the charts, I thought they would too suffer the same fate, but I was wrong. FM has gone Platinum and words cannot explain how happy I am for these guys. It's a historic week for Asian-Americans everywhere and I'm glad I was a part of it. Three Fingers Up!




No comments:

Post a Comment